Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Victims of Crimes have Rights In North Palm Beach, Florida

Negligent security lawyer - Vastola Legal

Victims have rights!  There are basically three different ways that a victim of crime can recover money because of the crime.  The first is restitution.  Restitution is an award of money that the criminal law judge orders the criminal to pay the victim.  The second method is filing a lawsuit against the criminal for that act that caused the injury.   Probably the most well known example of this type of recovery is when Ronald Goldman sued O.J. Simpson and was awarded millions of dollars.

The third is a much lesser known vehicle of financial recovery known as Victim Assistance.  The Victim Assistance Program is regulated by F.S. 960 and can be used to compensate victims from a State fund.  There are qualifications, so read the law for yourself to find out if you qualify.

If you need the advice of a personal injury lawyer, call Jeff Vastola in Palm Beach County, 561 721-2500 or the Treasure Coast, 772 419-0999.  As always, you may call Jeff on his cell phone any time, 561 827-5333.


Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.
Deposition in North Palm Beach Florida

We Care For You!

Contact Us For A Free Case Review